The University of Calgary digital collections support teaching and research through access to unique digitized and born digital resources.
The digital collections include both works protected by copyright and materials that are now in the public domain. In most cases, the University of Calgary does not hold the copyright for copyright-protected materials. Rights have been retained by the original creator, the creator’s designate, or assigned to a rights holder.
- copyright-protected material is being made available to me solely for personal or scholarly use.
- access provided by the University of Calgary to examine and consult copyright-protected materials does not include permission to use them for purposes such as publication, exhibition, duplication, or distribution in any form, or for any commercial use unless explicitly stated in a Creative Commons or other open license.
- I will respect and comply with the copyright laws in my jurisdiction and will acquire any necessary copyright permissions.
- I am responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of all personal information found in the records I have consulted.
- I will not use these materials in any libelous or other unlawful manner, nor violate anyone’s right to privacy or, infringe the copyright or any other intellectual property rights of any person.
- the University of Calgary is not liable for any loss, damage, claim, liability, settlement cost or expense (including legal fees) arising out of or in connection with my use of these materials.
- I am responsible for complying with these terms and conditions. If I become aware of any breach of the conditions of this agreement, I will immediately notify the University of Calgary Digital Services in writing. Contravention of this agreement and any misuse of materials may result in the removal of research privileges, including loss of access to University of Calgary collections. The University of Calgary reserves the right to take legal action to prevent further misuse.
The University of Calgary may edit or change the terms of this agreement at their discretion.
Materials in the public domain are no longer subject to copyright and can be used without permission.
Libraries and Cultural Resources appreciates attribution to our digital collections when using materials from the site.
The University of Calgary takes all matters related to intellectual property, privacy, and ownership seriously and acts in accordance with the relevant laws. Every required and appropriate effort has been made to acquire copyright clearance for copyright-protected materials in the digital collections. If you are a rights holder and have concerns about the use of a specific resource, please contact email@example.com.
The contents of our collections are based on documents created by others not always affiliated with the University of Calgary. As such, the accuracy, veracity, or completeness of these materials are not known to or verified by us. The University of Calgary is not responsible for any loss or damage arising out of the use of the information or materials linked to or found on these sites.